This recipe is for pasta with creamy mushroom sauce. Only takes 15 minutes, super delicious and so easy to make. It’s my first self-written recipe and although there might be similar dishes on the web I’d say that I created this one myself (proud me). You can either make it vegetarian or vegan. Curious? Read, shop, cook!
I can’t really tell you how I came up with this dish. I’ve never really looked for any similar recipes to be honest. I just knew I like mushrooms with creamy sauce and pasta. Through many different cooking experienes I found out how to make creamy sauces and subsequently applied this knowledge to the mushroom pasta combo. I’m very happy how this sauce turned out and got some good ratings from friends. So now it’s your turn to try it!
Ingredients for creamy mushroom pasta
Coming to the ingredients: Except for soy cream and white wine I’d say that an average person has all of them in their kitchen already. Which I think is great because I don’t like recipes with ingredients I might never need again.
To make this dish vegan you should pay attention to the wine you use. If you can’t find any soy or other vegan alternative I think it also works well with normal cream. The ingredients are for two.
- 150-200 g mushrooms
- 250 g wholewheat pasta
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- (olive) oil
- 100 ml (soy) cream
- 1 tbsp of light and dark soy sauce (either is fine to use)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tsp corn starch
- veggie stock cube (optional)
- Chop the garlic, onion and mushrooms.
- Bring water to boil and cook the pasta according to description on the packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking add the onions and some olive oil to a pan (I recommend using a wok) and fry for 2 mins.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and fry for another 2 mins.
- Add 2 tbsp of white wine and 1 tbsp of light soy sauce and dark soy sauce. Let it simmer for 3 mins.
- Add 100 ml of soy cream and some water (around 50ml). To make the sauce more creamy add 1 tsp of corn starch and blend it well.
- Taste. If you feel like it needs more salt add a veg stock cube or some salt. Otherwise just add herbs of your choice. Fresh ones are best!
- Let it simmer for 5 mins.
- Add the pasta and mix it all together.
The dish goes very well with fresh salad and a glass of wine. You can eat the sauce with any other side as well – my second pick would probably be rice. But next time I’ll have it with German spätzle.
And in case you’re still looking for a great dessert: Vegan Chocolate Mousse.
I hope you enjoy this dish!